This week’s Top Ten Tuesday prompt is “Top Ten Most Frustrating Characters.” Here’s my list:
- Professor Umbridge (Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows). She’s one of my most favorite villains because I hated her more than I hated Voldemort. She annoyed me to no end. I wanted her dead after the first “Hem hem.”
- Eustace (The Voyage of the Dawn Treader). Could there be a more annoying, selfish boy? No, I don’t think so! I wanted to push him overboard more than once.
- Mrs. Norris (Mansfield Park). She was so nosy and always getting in other people’s business. And, she always tore down Fanny, adding to Fanny’s sense of low self-worth.
- Lydia Bennet (Pride and Prejudice). I almost feel about her the way I do Professor Umbridge. I knew she wouldn’t die because, you know, Jane Austen wouldn’t allow that. But, I wished it … several times.
- Mr. Collins (Pride and Prejudice). Every time he was mentioned or went on one of his long-winded speeches, I sighed. He frustrated me so much. I know many people just think he’s funny, but I couldn’t think he was funny because he was too annoying.
- Cathy Trask (East of Eden). Even though she was one of the most interesting characters in East of Eden, I hated her. She was pure evil and caused so much trouble. She just made my insides boil.
- Iago (Othello). Mostly it was how everyone acted around Iago. I couldn’t stand knowing, from the asides, how Iago really felt and what he was really doing and then seeing everyone, especially Othello, praise him and love him. It just made me sick to my stomach.
- King Leck (Graceling). He’s almost unstoppable and that makes him a very scary villain to go up against. I wouldn’t want to meet him in a dark alley at night, or during the day for that matter. And, I hated seeing everyone around him, like Iago, treat him so well because of his Grace. It made me sick!
- Percy Weasley (entire Harry Potter series). Even though he redeems himself (sort of) in the end, why couldn’t he have been the Weasley that was killed? He’s so arrogant and treats his family like crap. His ambitions are to his detriment because he’s a Yes Man and I hate Yes Men.
- Effie Trinket (The Hunger Games and Catching Fire). Although I learned to love her, I really hated her at first. She was so clueless, thoughtless, and shallow.
That was actually a hard list to come up with. Only the top three came easily. I had blocked everyone else out of my mind, lol. What about you? Who frustrates you the most?
For meme rules, click here.