I’m not currently accepting books for review.
If you’re interested in having me review your book, please consider the following:
- I post honest reviews, both positive and negative;
- I only post my reviews to my blog and Goodreads;
- I favor fantasy, science fiction, historical fiction, mystery, thrillers, romance, and mythology;
- I prefer not to read erotica.
- I don’t read indie-published books unless recommended by a friend;
- I don’t read non-fiction unless recommended by a friend;
- I don’t review children’s books;
- I don’t read series out of order;
- I don’t read on time constraints; and,
- I’ll only read ebooks on Kindle.
When I post a review, I include the following:
- Series or stand-alone
- Number of pages
- Reason I read the book
- Link to add the book to Goodreads
- Link to buy the book on Book Depository
- Link to buy the book on Amazon
- Star rating
- Flame rating (i.e., sexual content)
- A brief synopsis from Goodreads
- My honest review
- Potential triggers found in the book
Here’s how I rate books:
: It’s a new favorite that I’ll reread over and over again! If I don’t already own it, I’ll rush out and buy it!
: I loved it and I’ll reread it. I’ll probably buy it if I don’t already have it on my shelves.
: I enjoyed the story, but it’s missing something. I’m okay checking it out from the library if I read it again.
: It was okay. I probably won’t read it again. If it’s part of a series, I won’t keep reading.
: I hated it. The story, writing, characters, etc or all of it just wasn’t for me.
Here’s how I give out flames:
: No romance. Considered another genre. May contain innuendo and brief mention of sex in passing.
: Some romance. Considered another genre. May contain innuendo and brief mention of sex in passing.
: Romance. Sex isn’t main focus. Closed-door sex.
: Romance. Sex isn’t main focus. Open-door sex with no mention of genitalia.
: Romance. Sex isn’t main focus. Very descriptive open-door sex with mention of genitalia.
: Erotica. Sex is main focus. Very descriptive open-door sex with mention of genitalia.
If you still want me to review your book, please email me at email@example.com. I don’t guarantee a response so please don’t send more than one request. Otherwise, I’ll blacklist you.