This week’s Top Ten Tuesday prompt is “Top Ten Characters in X Genre.” Since fantasy is my favorite, I’m going to go with my favorite characters in that genre. Here’s my list:
- Ron Weasley (Harry Potter series). I first fell in love with Ron in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. I love his humor and quips, especially since he doesn’t mean for them to be funny. If JK Rowling had killed him in Deathly Hallows, I would’ve done a Stephen King a la Misery.
- Severus Snape (Harry Potter series). I love how complicated his character is. There’s just so much depth to him. In fact, I think he’s the roundest character in the whole series.
- Pantalaimon (His Dark Materials). I know Pan is just an extension of Lyra, but if you know me at all, you know that I love animals. Pan just made me realize how much I’d really like my own daemon.
- Aslan (Chronicles of Narnia). Oh, how I love Aslan. I don’t even know how to describe how much I love him. But, I wish he was more prominent in some of the stories.
- Magnus Bane (The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices). I adore Magnus! He’s so funny and eccentric. Most of my laughs in Cassandra Clare’s books come from Magnus or other characters’ views of Magnus.
- Katsa (Graceling). I love Katsa, even though she makes me crazy with some of her decisions. But, I love how strong she is and able she is to take care of herself and other people. I know it has a lot to do with her Grace, but I still love it.
- Nikki Beckett (Everneath and Everbound). I love that even though she made a horrible decision with dire consequences, she doesn’t blame anyone but herself. She doesn’t say, “It’s not fair.” She takes responsibility for her actions and tries to do everything she can to make up for her poor decision.
- Sioned (Dragon Prince trilogy). I love how strong and powerful she is. And, I love how much she helps Prince Rohan accomplish his duties as the High Prince. Without her, Prince Rohan definitely wouldn’t be as successful.
- Jasper Hale (Twilight Saga). I know we don’t get a huge glimpse of Jasper in the Twilight Saga, but he’s, by far, my favorite character of the series. I think his struggles are so endearing and I love his back story in Eclipse. And, I especially love seeing how he is around his family in Midnight Sun.
- Enna (Enna Burning). I loved reading about her struggles with her “fire” power. I thought her struggle was definitely the hardest out of the characters I’ve read about in the Books of Bayern series. (Keep in mind I haven’t read Forest Born yet.) I especially loved seeing how she overcame the struggles she had with her brother and his “fire” power.
This was harder than I thought it’d be. I have such a hard time remembering details about books I read unless I’ve read them multiple times. And, when I can remember details or characters, I usually only think of the main ones, even though I usually love the secondary ones better.
What about you? Who are some of your favorite characters (in any genre)?
For meme rules, click here.