This week’s Top Ten Tuesday prompt is “Top Ten Book Settings I’d Like to See More of.” Here’s my list:
- Hogwarts. What can I say? I’d love to visit Hogwarts again. I hope JK Rowling writes more books in this setting or allows others to write into her world.
- 1920s Prohibition era. I love gangster movies especially when they take place during the Prohibition. I think it’d be fun to read some books taking place during that time in the big cities, like Chicago and New York.
- WWII. I’ve been fascinated with the WWII era, especially anything dealing with the Holocaust, ever since I was a young child. I love all the courageous stories of the Jewish people and those that helped them fight the Nazi regime.
- 19th century steampunk. I love the 1800s especially when steampunk is involved. I think it’s fun to look at all the clockwork-type gizmos and steam-powered machinery.
- Tudor era. This time in history is immensely interesting to me–the scandals, survival, and the people in general.
- High Fantasy lands. I love made up lands. It doesn’t matter if it’s Middle Earth, Narnia, Bayern, or some other made up place; I love discovering new places!
- Space. I love sci-fi. And, I especially love it when it has nothing to do with earth or our galaxy. Just like with high fantasy, I love discovering new places and experiencing it through space travel.
- Europe. I love reading about Europe, past or present. There’s so much potential with those settings because of Europe’s rich history.
- Romanov-era Russia. I love the story of Anastasia and ones like it. I think it’s fun to explore that time and read about stories during the Russian revolution.
- 18th century Colonial era. I love the extravagance of that era–clothes, homes, food, etc. It’s just so much fun to read about and live vicariously through those stories.
Looks like I need to read more historical fiction. Anyway, what are some settings you’d like to see more of?
For meme rules, click here.