I already said this on Facebook, but I don’t really know what else to say right now. Some time last night or early this morning, my dear sweet mother passed away. Although her health had been failing for quite some time, her death is very sudden. I can’t express the sadness and loss I feel in my heart at this time. I love my mom dearly and I already miss her.
Right now, I’m trying to remember the happy times and think of the things I’m thankful for. There are five things that come to my mind without even thinking about it:
- I got to spend a weekend with my mom a couple of weeks ago working on a quilt I started about 10 years ago. I’ll cherish it as the last quality time I spent with her.
- Corey hurt his ankle this week. If he hadn’t, he’d be down in Moab right now and I’d have to go through this alone.
- My friends. Thank you all for your sweet, kind words. I appreciate all of you.
- My family. I can’t tell you how much I love them and that I’m so happy they’re mine.
- The Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know I’ll see my mom again and that brings me great comfort that this life isn’t the end.