June 13 can’t get here soon enough!!! I’ll see this on opening night!
I like to change the look of my blog as often as Catcher Block changes his shirt (reference). Okay, maybe not that much. But, I love giving my blog a new look. It makes me feel happy and invigorated.
This time I decided to bring back my animated me (illustrated by my friend Tarl). I missed little Jenni Elyse; she was my online identity. Now that she’s back, I feel like me again. I may even bring back my other animated characters now and again.
But, I still wanted something modern and contemporary, yet clean and sleek. I think I accomplished it with this look. Plus, it’s the only theme that the Jetpack blog subscription button has matched! Bonus!
I know, it’s not purple. Gasp! I did try out the purple on this theme, but it was too dark. I wanted something bright, cheery, and springy.
What do you think?
- I read Evertrue by Brodi Ashton.
- I reread A Countess Below Stairs by Eva Ibbotson for book club.
- I read The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski.
- I read Perfect Scoundrels by Ally Carter.
- I started Divergent by Veronica Roth.
According to Goodreads, I’m still four books behind schedule to meet my goal at the end of the year.
Notable Bookish Events
Reading Plans for April 2014
- I want to finish reading Divergent by Veronica Roth.
- I want to read The Shadow Prince by Bree Despain.
- I want to read Without a Summer by Mary Robinette Kowal.
- I still want to start reading The Miracle of Forgiveness.
I didn’t accomplish everything I was planning to do, but I’m proud of what I did accomplish.
- I got to socialize a lot, which hasn’t happened for a long time.
- I looked at and bought the Ultimate Book Blogger plugin. (It’s awesome, by the way.)
- I’m still updating my static pages, but I made a big dent in the task. (It’s mostly just updating my reviews so the UBB can do its magic.)
- I didn’t get a chance to brainstorm any post ideas, but I put Kim’s (Sophisticated Dorkiness) mini-challenge in Pocket for later, so I can use it to come up with some ideas.
All in all, it was a great, productive, and fun Bloggiesta!
How did you do?
I wasn’t planning to join Bloggiesta this time around, but a couple of my friends talked me into it. I honestly don’t know how much I can participate, especially Thursday and Friday, but I’ll do my best to hang out, have fun, and improve my blog.
In the next four days, hopefully I’ll accomplish the following:
For My Blog
- Update and improve my static pages
Look closely at the Ultimate Book Blogger plugin
- Brainstorm some post ideas
Participate in some mini-challenges Mingle and interact with other Bloggiesta-ers Respond to and visit all bloggers who comment on my Bloggiesta posts