This week’s Top Ten Tuesday prompt is “top ten series I’d like to start reading but haven’t yet.” Here’s my list:
- Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson. My friend Ali has been trying to get me to read these for years! I even own the books. I just haven’t started them yet.
- Dragon Star Trilogy by Melanie Rawn. I loved the sister trilogy, Dragon Prince. I now just need to continue on with the story and read this second trilogy.
- Sevenwaters Series by Juliet Marillet. My friend Rachel recommended this series to me a few years ago. It’s her favorite and I think I’d love it too.
- Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkien. Technically, I started this a couple of years ago, but I got distracted and never finished The Fellowship of the Ring. I. Must. Finish. This.
- Vorkosigan Saga by Lois McMaster Bujold. My friend Ouisa recommended this series to me about five years ago. It’s her favorite and from what she’s said about it, I’m sure I’d love it too.
- Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery. I technically started this when I was younger, but because I wasn’t much of a reader, I didn’t get more than 20 pages in on the first book. I’ve always wanted to read this, though, and someday I will.
- Time Quintet by Madeleine L’Engle. I didn’t know about this series when I was younger (not that I would’ve read it if I did). I feel like I’ve missed out. I definitely want to read this someday. It’s just a matter of getting to it.
- Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer. I’ve wanted to read this series ever since I saw the cover for Cinder. I even own Cinder. I just haven’t started it yet.
- Uglies Series by Scott Westerfield. I’ve wanted to read this for about five years now, ever since I found out about it from a friend. At one time I owned Uglies, but I donated it to my library for a teen giveaway.
- The Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson. This series scares me, especially from everything I’ve heard about it. But, it also intrigues me and I really want to see what the big deal about it is.
Gah! There are so many others I wanted to list! But, I have to stop somewhere! I love series because I love being in a world for a very long time. And, at the same time, I hate them because they feel daunting; there’s more than one book to read. That’s probably why I haven’t started any of these yet.
What about you? Which series are you dying to start but haven’t yet?
For meme rules, click here.