This week’s Top Ten Tuesday prompt is “top ten auto-buy authors.” Here’s my list:
- Stephenie Meyer (Twilight Saga, The Host)
- Cassandra Clare (The Mortal Instruments, The Infernal Devices)
- Suzanne Collins (The Hunger Games)
- Stephanie Perkins (Anna and the French Kiss, Lola and the Boy Next Door)
- Brodi Ashton (Everneath, Everbound)
- Kristin Cashore (Graceling Chronicles)
- Bree Despain (The Dark Divine)
- Ally Condie (Matched)
- Julianne Donaldson (Edenbrooke)
- Ally Carter (Heist Society)
Once upon a time I would’ve put JK Rowling at the top of this list. But then she came out with The Casual Vacancy. I almost bought it, but then I realized it probably wasn’t a book I’d enjoy all that much. I gave it a try and will probably try it again some time in the future. But now I’m not sure I’ll auto-buy Rowling’s books. They’ll need to be in a genre that I’d normally read, not just literary fiction.
What about you? Who’s on your auto-buy list?
For meme rules, click here.