Corey and I are die-hard Futurama fans. We love it! We love everything about it. We were very smad (sad and mad) when we heard that it was being canceled … again.
We’re holding out hope that it’ll find a new home and be renewed by another network. I use the #SaveFuturama hashtag on Twitter and Facebook whenever possible. It may not do much, but it lets me know I’m not alone in my sadness and it gives me hope that it will be renewed. Also, I silently, sometimes verbally, seethe at my disdain for Comedy Central and Fox. I’m not bitter at all!
Last night was the final episode (for now). And, IFF (math term = if an only if) Futurama doesn’t get picked up again, then it ended in a way that I can be happy with the series. I almost cried. It was that great of an episode.
As a non-permanent farewell, I thought I’d post my top ten episodes.
- “Parasites Lost” (season 3)
- “The Devil’s Hands are Idle Playthings” (season 4)
- “All the President’s Heads” (season 6)
- “The Late Philip J. Fry” (season 6)
- “The Sting” (season 4)
- Bender’s Big Game (“season 5″)
- “The Day the Earth Stood Stupid” (season 3)
- “Three Hundred Big Boys” (season 4)
- “Calculon 2.0″ (season 7)
- “War is the H-Word” (season 2)
I’ve only seen it once now, so it hasn’t grown on me yet. But, I’ll probably end up adding last night’s episode (“Meanwhile”) to my list.
Are you a fan of Futurama? If so, what are your favorite episodes?