I’m not part of The Classics Club or anything, but I saw this spin on a few blogs and thought I’d join in because I want to become more familiar with classics. I try to make it a point to read two a year. Maybe, this will help me get to one of them.
Here are the rules for The Classics Spin:
- Go to your blog.
- Pick twenty books that you’ve got left to read from your Classics Club List. (I’m just going to use classics on my TBR list since I don’t have a Classics Club List.)
- Try to challenge yourself: list five you are dreading/hesitant to read, five you can’t WAIT to read, five you are neutral about, and five free choice (favorite author, rereads, ancients–whatever you choose.)
- Post that list, numbered 1-20, on your blog by next Monday (2/18/2013).
- Monday morning, we’ll announce a number from 1-20. Go to the list of twenty books you posted and select the book that corresponds to the number we announce.
- The challenge is to read that book by April 1, even if it’s an icky one you dread reading! (No fair not listing any scary ones!)
Here’s my list. I’m listing them alphabetically by author’s last name so I don’t play favorites. But, there are definitely ones I’m dreading on this list!
- Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
- Inferno by Dante Alighieri
- Emma by Jane Austen
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
- Persuasion by Jane Austen
- Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
- A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
- The Lord of the Flies by William Golding
- A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway
- Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville
- Anne of Green Gables by LM Montgomery
- The Catcher in the Rye by JD Salinger
- Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
- The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain