I saw this tag over at Oreos & Books. And, even though I wasn’t tagged, I still wanted to do it myself because it looked fun.
1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
Yes. I have three places I like to read. My favorite place to read is in the tub, but I don’t do this as often as I’d like. My second favorite place to read is in my recliner in my library, which is where I read the most often. And, my third place to read is on my love seat in the living room when Corey’s not watching TV.
2. Do you use a bookmark or a random piece of paper?
I usually use a bookmark of some sort because I collect them and have at least a hundred of them. But, sometimes, it is just a random piece of paper, lol.
3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or a certain amount of pages?
I can just stop reading, but I like to stop at the end of a chapter. I really hate stopping in the middle.
4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
I’ll drink water while I’m reading, but that’s about it.
5. Do you watch TV or listen to music while reading?
No. They’re both too distracting to me. I like reading when it’s quiet. However, every once in a while, I may listen to a movie score.
6. Do you read one book at a time or several at once?
I usually read one book at a time, but I have been known to read three at once–the one I want to read, one for book club, and a read-along book.
7. Do you prefer to read at home or anywhere?
I’ll read anywhere I can finish a chapter at a time.
8. Do you reading out loud or silently?
I read silently. Reading out loud takes too much time, unless of course I’m reading to someone.
9. Do you read ahead or skip pages?
I have been known to read the last few pages when the tension is too high. But, I don’t skip pages. I read everything.
10. Do you break the spine or keep it like new?
Books have feelings too and I’m not sadistic. So, yes, I try to keep my book like new for as long as possible.
11. Do you write in your books?
I only write in my scriptures or textbooks.